Sunday, February 12, 2012

ALL THE WILD HORSES

 our class, OPEN STUDIO is over now with all the instructions and videos up for an entire year. something, i'm sure many of us are going to take advantage of.
 this OPEN STUDIO CLASS has blown me away!! one would not believe the outpouring of information and self that misty mawn has given...INCREDIBLE!!!
 this started out as an abstract and i suppose you might say it still is. it was PURE PLEASURE while being involved with this...it started out with markers, then paint, ink and paper. and then i figured out how i wanted to finish it...(something that can take me months sometimes)
...with horse transfers. after taking these photos i sealed it with dorlands wax :)

it is 11" X 14" unframed, and is going to be popped into my etsy.

BE SURE TO ENLARGE
HAPPY SUNDAY
XOXO


9 comments:

  1. Its beautiful Wanda!! And I know what you mean about Misty! I am still overwhelmed with all she has fit into the class!! So happy it will be up for a year! I am looking forward to trying the abstract lesson.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are seriously AMAZING.
    i love your wild horses so much!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wanda thanks for your comments. Looks like you're having lots of fun and that's great. This horse piece is really lovely, so dreamy.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Oooh, I love that texture and the horses are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these horses! I have been experimenting a little with transfers this week. But nothing has worked out ...just trials to try the technique. Looking forward to seeing more when you do them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hunting for a song on YouTube abput wild horses to leave for you, I couldn't find the rendition I like so didn't. I love the wildness of your hirses as now you see them then you don't sort of a fading here and there. YOu also inspired me the other day to try transfer again as it can be just so fun.
    So glad to hear about your class you fun and how the head won't stop thinking after a session.

    Your on my mind on this Valentine's Day Many hearts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How mystical looking and lovely! I too, love Dorland's wax. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you trying to make me jealous?

    Oh, not about Misty Mawn, who I'm TAKING A WORKSHOP WITH AT ARTFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but about your fabulous horse transfers/abstracts.

    I hope I don't have to avoid you at the bus stop. Junior high is bad enough without being jealous.

    ReplyDelete

commen