Thursday, January 23, 2014

In and Out of the Journal...

 In my new handmade journal, I decided to do some little experimenting with tea bags.
 
 
 
 
 DO YOU SEE WHAT I SEE?
 
 
 
 
 I have used tea bags in my artwork previously, but wanted to do some more of testing and catching the beauty of them, along with more...I will post where this turns later...
 
 
 
 
 I WAS going to do this in my journal, but wanted to do some sewing...
 
 
 
 
 the left hand top is a sewn tea bag and some paint on top
 
 
 
 
at the bottom are pieces of painted cardboard; torn and sewn to the watercolor page...
i am going to glue it to this book cover that i painted, when it's completed.
for us working girls ;)
the weekend is right around the corner,
so i am ready to dive in some more!

4 comments:

  1. Dearest Wanda,

    I CAN SEE THEM! But the beauty is that I would not have ever thought of this, and YOU, the HEARTIST have helped me see. I knew that when I was composing my post yesterday that I would forget some incredible people....and you are one of them. I have added your name to my links because you are one of those people who think outside of the canvas. THANK YOU for your beautiful heart! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you see, but I see in the second photo some fairy or witch dancing and jumping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Wanda dear! Oh I couldn't wait to come to respond to your gracious comment that I just saw this cold, Sunday morning!

    First of all, THANK YOU for your contribution to this lovely connection of Heartists around the world. You see things in a way that I certainly miss as a visual artist, yet I like to think that I see as a wannabe poet....but isn't that the beauty of art? That we all see differently and use different mediums to communicate it! And you show me poetry in your art.

    I so agree with you about the changes in blogging. FB is not a place I take to easily for one because of the format. How can I present music, a body of text and an array of photos on such a format? And FB is like a freeway of traffic for people who have different intentions for communicating. I agree that many a great blogging pal has stopped visiting or better yet, BLOGGING their own posts because they find FB easier.

    I just know one thing. Blogging for me provides an open format to create what I want, and in turn, allows others to visit, for me to visit them, and the rest is magic.

    Thank you for the magic, Wanda! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have to explain what a cow grull is..or, I'll have to google it. lol Did you mean scull?? or grill or girl? hm..lol I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete

commen