Monday, April 27, 2015

the PROCESS...

 
i am studying in my journals, really hard lately...
and love to share!
i've been trying to figure out;
1. if i have a preference to background before faces?
2. leaving more collage in the very end?
i still don't have the answers and probably never will...
i am too spontaneous, and experimental.
so, in the meantime, i learned a LOT from these 2 excercises;
~ i continue to just "dive in" and "do"
~ i truly have slowed down on selections of colors, dimensions and on & on
~ i will never have a favorite between: black and white -- monochromatic -- COLOR!
~ i can't ever be sorry for the ALL tidbits i save/use for collage (even though, i do throw out stuff when it's truly on overload) although, i do have 2...make that 2 really PRETTY tray holders for all this ephemera, which one probably would never notice...BECAUSE...this is ONE BUSY manufacturing room ;0!
 
Yesterday's Example;
i made several of my own stencils, whew!
chose our May photos for that PICTURE FRAME.
finished making a journal for my youngest sister to take on our trip to Santa Catalina, Panama!
ALMOST finished a new BARREL STAVE GIRLIE, with PINK hair! (that i intend to do on mine soon)
painted a little elephant with INDIA INK...it did not turn out ;( but i won't give up...
 
getting a VISUAL here, i am,
i appreciate VARIETY...
and i DO finish my projects (eventually and always), whew!
 
a little
 INSIDE MY HEART
and
MY HANDS
and with
my soul
 
THANK YOU for peeking and i hope you
ENJOY THE PROCESS!
 
 







 
 
WISHING YOU ALL A WONDERFUL WEEK
 
it is SPRING here, is it there with you?
 
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Hi Wanda! I am with you...like to experiment and it's hard to decide what I like best so I just keep doing. Your work here is marvelous! Enjoy the time with your sis. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just keep doing...and doing...and learning and learning...leaning and gleaning, and I am really meaning... that, who cares if there is a rhyme or reason...eh Lisa, ;)?...if it works, then we do it again...probably not ever the VERY SAME...THE BEAUTY OF TRUE ART. THANK you for stopping by, now heading over for a long awaited visit to your wonderful explorations. xo

      Delete
  2. This process to see and follow - it is astonishing and so interesting! Sometimes you seem just to explode, and all that color, texture, images, lines and curves, and words, and tits and bits rush out like a fire work. After you throw that all on canvas, wood and paper - how long does it take till your heartbeat goes down again??

    AND if you go on talking about pink hair - hmmmmm, you might convince me in the end! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you are such a delight and light Yael! such grand insight you have! yes! like an explosion...there are some dry days and then wet (paint) days, of on and on...one WONDER leads to another. Your ART HEART recognizes this I happily SEE! and YES the heart beat...never to be measured...icing on the cake, unexpected, appreciated, awe inspiring!

      and PINK HAIR...here's a DARE...do it too! yeah, I know, I haven't done it yet. PINK goes with EVERYTHING I say oxox

      THANK YOU YAEL ;)

      Delete
  3. I am FINALLY HERE! First of all, I do all my visits early in the morning before school but many times, people post during the day and I miss being first in line. HOWEVER, first in line isn't always as important as just finally getting there....and you have taught me this. Your experimental processes (SO IMPORTANT TO SHARE THIS!) remind me that it is OK to play, toss out, start all over again, struggle, try again...we cannot get out of this endless cycle that we are created into. But the roundabout journey is so well worth it...because look at what transpires!

    I absolutely love the aqua background. I am in love with the girl with the white hair, but I really love and NEED that black girl.....her stunning black self against the aqua? MAGNIFICENT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE LOVE LOVE that, "this endless cycle that we are created into". SPEAKS VOLUMES!

      it all takes some figuring out, and even though so frustrating at times...it IS always worth it as you say. if it all came easy, with no struggles, it would seem so blah! the TRAVELING JOURNEY, just as WONDERFUL when we ARRIVE!

      XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX LA LA LA AND a DANCING JIG ;)

      Delete

commen