Saturday, July 19, 2014

SERENDIPITY SUMMER...

 DECORATING IN OUR HOMES
this is one way;)
I use this window to display favorites;
photos of family and friends, words, quotes, thoughts...
And then I change it up as time goes by...
 
 
 
 
 we live in the country and have tricked the wild critters
this year, so far, fingers crossed!
Bambi, raccoons, and turkeys have ruled the roost
around here, eating ALL our vegetables, flowers, and fruit from our trees...
 
 
 
 
 until THIS SUMMER...
we hid our plantings in amongst bushes and such,
that we knew they don't normally peruse.
such as some beans and peas hidden in and around the sunflowers...
they are all climbing away and not a deer print in sight!
 
 
 
 
 we have renamed a few bushes and plants...
this is our Crape Myrtle Melon Bush...
there are 6 giant melons soon to be ripe for the picking...
hopefully ours and not the critters ;)
 
 
 
 
 and the birds have left us enough blackberries to hoard away and devour on our own!
 
 
 
 
 in FOUR more days, i'll be with two of my sisters
for our annual SISTER TRIP.
we interspersed our visit with our mutual friends.
we are only cunning because our family is GINORMOUS and
we have been making this time for US for 10 years now!
Carolyn died last summer and so you can guess/know that these
SISTER TRIPS are INVALUABLE!
I made 4 STORY HANGERS for all of those special loves...
 
 
 
I started this mixed media yesterday,
and felt a fire light beneath me!
 this is a close up of a first layer..
this is an embroidered section of fabric glued to the canvas and then painted...
 
 
 
 
 this close up is of "fine cardboard" and a natural type of fiber at the top...
 
 
 
 
 close up also, larger cardboard and paint...
 
 
 
 
 this shows the piece in it's entirety...12"x24"x1 1/2" gallery wrapped...
it's what many of us call the "ugly" stage, but I like it almost as is!
and yet...nary to become attached; next layers will be intuitive and different...
not even moi' knows how this will end...
Flora Bowley calls this "being brave"!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I repainted our palm mask,
a completely different face, fun stuff,
and freshens up our outdoor decorating;)
Richard says, this looks like it's attached to an elephant's leg...
LOVE that guy!
 
 
 

 
if we didn't DREAM and SCHEME...
we wouldn't be able to create so CREATIVELY, eh?
I've been doing a lot of that this summer...
feeling blessed, grateful and everything in between.
I normally paint like crazy knowing i'll need to return to the work force
before summer ends...
well no more, I am officially retired and am slowing down, yet revving up in different ways...
 
and I LOVE IT!
and you for visiting and taking the time, YOUR TIME!
XOXO

2 comments:

  1. WANDA MILLER! My favorite mixed media artist! HELLO! I first of all want to thank you for popping over to my link party post; yesterday, I spent 12 hours straight visiting all the blogs and today? I have "jet lag!" I took a break to visit our local fine arts museum to gather inspiration, and I am so exhausted from what I think was a lot of time on the computer...but I'm back!

    Wanda, you live in the country! You must see a lot of critters, indeed! We live in the suburbs of eastern Minneapolis - almost urbanesque, but we have WILD TURKEYS! YES! The other day while I was watering, I heard a collective GOBBLE - they were on the next block!

    Enjoy your sisterhood travels dear heart. Make each day a work of art - but somehow, I think you do.

    HUGS HUGS HUGS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post Wanda. So interesting and diversified. An annual sister trip sounds just wonderful and your gift for each sister as well. Love the new artwork and also the idea of placing important art and messages behind the window frame. Shine on girl!

    ReplyDelete

commen