Friday, February 27, 2015

ART JOURNAL FRIDAY

 These PAINTINGS were through the week in a larger journal...
 
 
 
 
 I did a lot of testing..
trying different color combos and leaving most of the under layers showing...
 
 
 
 
 a lot of EXPERIMENTING...
here I was trying to see how micaceous iron oxide
would accept paint, I didn't like it at all..
 
.
 
 
 
 
 this was with some collage, paint and
 
 
 
 
 drips...
this is what is so wonderful about doing smaller paintings in our journals...
I didn't care for this one either,
but learned MUCHO...
that's the point!
 
 
 
 
 this was complete PLAY once again ;)
 
 
 
 
 this was standing way back from the paper and
closing my eyes and squiggling with ink with a stick,
and then...
 
 
 
 
 opening my eyes and filling them in...
PURE FUN and
also LEARNING!
 
 
 
 
are you ready for the WEEK END?
WE ARE over here!
it's when we STAY HOME while there are gobs
of people roaming the towns.
 
HAVE A CREATIVE WEEKEND MY FRIENDS!
OXOX

6 comments:

  1. Dearest Wanda,

    IT IS THE WEEKEND, and we couldn't be more thrilled! It was a busy work week, and we hope to just hang out together today...and tomorrow, and then MARCH will be here! I love what you have taught me....and what others have shown me what's possible. I have so many projects and plans and to just sit and do them, that's the issue. But one thing I find in your art that is most effective, is the use of one word or maybe a short quote that is encrusted into the piece. This is something I must do....

    I want to wish you yet another colorful day of experimentation, success, joy and PEACE my friend! LOVE THE COLORS and the subjects, always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are such a treasured friend and artist. so TREASURED ANITA. you bring such wealth into our (sometimes awful) world. your mind, heart and soul are ENTWINED with each of your words, making them so astute and heart felt beyond. you continue to ENLIGHTEN (not just) me and light up our world! xo

      Delete
  2. Growing, playing dripping, making, experimenting...all good stuff! Your journal looks fabulous Wanda!

    Have a fun weekend staying in! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU so much Lisa ;) YES, so much fun playing...and YOU know, it's important "stuff" to help with growth. and the weekend started out perfect, our girl and husband and fav nephew brought dinner over and surprised us. yayayyyy. xo

      Delete
  3. It certainly looks like you had lots of fun. Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you FF...Yes very fun...it's IMPORTANT for us to PLAY EVERY day! thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a note. ;)

    ReplyDelete

commen