Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"I AM" / Misty's Wednesdays!




Here is where integrity comes in, i do believe.

i wanted to buy a painting that looked like this for my graceful daughter, Erin, many moons ago. But alas, just couldn't pay the price.

so i sketched her and have painted her 3 times now.

This was the 3rd.

Altered her, cut her out, danced her into my collage. (I don't know the mans name unfortunately, but did talk to him exstenively. A beautiful man inside he is.)

Here's the closest i could get to what i wanted to say to you my darlin' daughter. xoxo momba

4 comments:

  1. i love the movement & textures you layer into your beautiful work.
    this piece is so alive, i can see your lady jumping off the page and doing a little pirouette and then gracefully back to the painting. :-)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! As Misty said, she looks so alive!

    --Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe your daughter will love this beautiful painting, Wanda. How could she not? All those layers?? and that beautiful dancing woman. Ooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The love just pours out from this piece of art. Wow! That is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

commen