Thursday, February 4, 2010

Know WHEN to SIMPLIFY!

shes's not quite done...
somethings been happening over here...
since the last few classes i've taken, i started
posting everywhere, fb, flicker, your group,
my group, everybody's group...yikes...
no mas i think.
i am going to just post here...everyone has choices, eh?
there is an extremely supportive group on this
latest class with misty, but i am driving myself
insane...i who like things as simplistic as
possible in my life...sooo..oh so what some may
say...i must remember that this is also a journal for myself...
not omitting, EVER those that support me.
back to this piece...charcoal sketch on charcoal paper,
acrylic paint, collage paper for her dress...
and had to glue her down to a good piece of
watercolor paper when i got the paint out!....
whew...that was a mouthful!
and by the way...thank you from the bottom of
my heart, to you supporters and looky lou's...
i am going to try and come up with a gift that
everyone might like!!!??? soon!

6 comments:

  1. It does get a little mad doesn't it? One feels responsible for their blog and to make it the best they can. When summer comes I think I will post something once a week. Maybe some photos in the inbetween. I can't paint and garden to the extent I do both. Right now I have a lot more time with just the art.

    So glad you came by and maybe will again when your not going all directions, youdon'thave to post either. I see some bloggers leave comments on their own blog to visitors.

    Your new work is looking so exciting, excited to see what else happens with the work.

    My class with Nora starts tomorrow. A little worried, I am not a good pencil person and I have to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear,
    Please say that you will post this beauty on FB, otherwise you will have to at least post your blog info so everyone else can find you. I understand that it can become overwhelming, but do share this link with the group. I've posted my blog address on FB several times, never even thinking if Mindy would mind...oh my:-/
    This last piece that you have posted here is stunning. She is YOU, and I love your style. SHARE this girl!!!!!!!! xoxGloriaxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wanda,
    This one is the best yet! I love her expression and the clean background in contrast to her dress.
    You're on a roll-my friend. As for the 'simplifying'- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are ways of updating fb, twitter, YT, flickr, and some other sites, without doing a thing manually. you can set it up to automatically post a link to your blog entry, and it usually includes the first picture in your post as a teaser. that takes A LOT of work out of it. you just have to spend a couple minutes setting it up, and it does the rest for you.

    if you look on my fb wall, you'll see what i mean. i'm not doing hardly any of that manually..unless it's an actually status update, it's all automatic. look under my posts for a yellow circle with blue in the center..click on that and it should take you to networked blogs..you can set it up there. if you need help, lmk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...aaand there it is...my "4" biggest cheerleads, whom i shall answer when there is more time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wanda... you are such a sweetheart... i know what you mean about trying to keep up with posting here and there and everywhere!... there's something i like about blog posting because people write more about their art... and you get a sense of their creative heart...

    i do so love visiting you wherever it is you land, and seeing your beautiful art... including this lovely lady, and so so appreciate all of your encouragement and enthusiasm, not only for me, but for everyone who is lucky enough to meet you in this wonderful world of online sharing :)

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

commen