Sunday, March 14, 2010

Collage Entertainment and Joy with my sister, Carolina Moonshine! XOXO

okay...here are the words, carolyn..
yesterday...i started out to "kinda copy" this picture i liked...
so i gathered up ephemera...you know the drill...ribbons, musical notes,
fabric...oooh i love gathering colors of different species together...
i THINK more than the creation outcome!
it took on a different life to start creating when the various materials were gathered...totally and extremely and i am glad about that...i'm almost afraid to say how i put it together thinking it might spoil it's mystery, sooo...simply, here it is...
i know i know, my recent faces are beginning to look the same...
it's funny how one starts out looking at some other face and when you are finished you say....
wow or hmmm ...where in the world did this one come from...what a wonderful mystery!!!
and so now i have to work on making AT LEAST some subtle changes....
hmmm....this should be most interesting!!!!
BE SURE TO ENLARGE THE PHOTOS FOR A CLOSER VIEW











8 comments:

  1. I am loving all of those textures and layers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, look at all that busy layering..it looks like it took a long time to create. Very nice!

    I know what you mean about painting faces that look alike. I'm starting to look at photos every time I paint because otherwise, I do the same looking faces all the time. Isn't it funny how that happens?

    The voodoo doll line CRACKED me up. You may want to be careful around the forehead area..I'm starting to really feel the pricks. ow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is true the faces start to loook alike, and we are not the only people who do this. It would be fun to trade, ask another artist will you trade with me for a while so I can do faces that look like yours.

    Another thing that is true is gathering the things to get the art going, with quilts I find this so true, it is a little different with painting.

    I hope you remember this technique when winter comes because with a change of materials it is a fantastic look for winter, yours in areas made me think of winter breaking up and nearly gone which how we should feel now. That branch look so so beautiful.

    I don't mean you can't remember it is just sometimes a fun thing slips away from us, because we have thought of other fun things.

    I like that face and the sort of dress, that is a charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. emelie, you are just about the sweetest lady, this side of the mississippi!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i actually don't think the faces all look alike... only perhaps on first glance as you begin to recognize a certain artist's style...but each time i open your art i like to take more time and look closer, and when i do i see the variations ... in expression, in the eyes, in the shape of the mouth, etc. ... it could be that in looking at our own work over and over we see the sameness, much like looking in a mirror every day...

    all these amazing layers and textures are just making me itch to get into creating more chaos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Wanda,
    this one is so rich with texture and subtle color
    you're on a roll my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you jane, i wish all you girls could come over to play...can you imagine what we'd come up working and having fun together?!! i can, and i know it would be GRAND!!! xo
    and Joanne, sheesh, you always see so much in EVERYONE'S artwork...i need to slow down in that area and really look at others as well as my own after hearing that! it's true, after awhile we do take on a style, hopefully always improving. and as usual, you give so much to think about...just love that and you! xo
    i'll still send a note to you ladies on your blogs, but need to get crackin' over here with necessary hum drum business! ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wanda,
    Thank you for the comment(s). I always smile when I hear from you! Oh and the pink sky pics are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

commen