Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vacation with my 3 sisters and one collage painting...and wish i could have brought that coastal weather HOME!

these are little teeny sail boats, belonging to a camp for wee children to learn basic sailing...when we rented our little electric boat (bigger than the kid's boats) we didn't know we'd have to avoid them all over the harbour...and can you imagine being a counselor with your megaphone shouting orders and trying to keep the chaos to a minimum, as they loved falling out of their boats...talk about an amusing adventure!!!!
cookie, my sister, was our captain on our electric boat for the day...we were in newport and here she is with a mouthful of "cheeze its"...lets hear it for "cheeze" its on the water, yeah!!!! strolling along the sidewalks in seal beach...i love these things that grow out of the palm trees...i'd love to take just one home to hang from the ceiling...they are sooo pretty, eh?! ...and here on the beach i was amusing myself...seriously, i laughed till i cried...i was messing around with my scarf and instead of putting it back on "all cool lookin'"...i tied it on like an older lady...yeah, older than i am YET....so for your enjoyment as well as mine a second go round...if ya' didn't already know...i am easily amused!!!


graffiti in a beach town...i know alot of you dig this as i do!!! here's our littlest sister with her new "jackie o" shades...oh candy, you are soooo funnny!!! xo thought i should show at least one painting...this is an oldie but goodie, which i had changed after having sanding down some of the extra ephemeral pieces underneath...or else she would have had a bearded cloth net thing hanging off her chin and neck...go figure...never thought i'd resort to sanding my mixed media...but i bet there are others out there that already have!!!

16 comments:

  1. OMG!! I sooo love that picture of you!!!!!! I am going to paint it!! I have to!! I hope you don't mind, but it just made my little muse go NUTZ when I saw it. Please?? Let me!! Okay? Say yes??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! i'm sooo excited. i haven't painted all week because i was looking for my next painting. i wasn't really stuck.. it was more like i didn't have anything in mind, and i was on the lookout. and then i saw you, and it just screamed at me. so, i must!! yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your killin' me per usual!!! this should look real good with the open mouth..ahhhhh eeek can't wait!!!! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! It looks like you and your sisters had a great time! I love seeing all the pics.
    p.s. You have a young heart my friend: You will never get "old".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww it looks like you have sooooo much fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures,love that scarf! Your painting is beautiful too. Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pic of you with the babushka on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time, filled with happy moments!! Your "oldie" piece is lovely. I love the colours and style! Continue on enjoying the summer days xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur sounding like your having a summer of fun and things to remember. I am glad for you we need fun.

    I wear a scarf like that in the winter, it keeps my head warm and neck also when I do outside things.
    I don't do that in public however.
    I like a wool one. I always wore that as a child also and have meories of buying a new one with my mother sometimes.

    I also enjoyed that art work, it hasthe radiance of summer fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, man. Those are the times to cherish! This looks so fun, and so relaxing and rejuvenating...

    I didn't see this painting before! So yummy with the colors and the layers. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I love that pink flowering palm...or whatever it is. I live close to Seal Beach and should probably know what it is as I see it and ignore it often.

    I absolutely adore this painting you are showing. The colors are gorgeous, sort of reminds me of Klimt a bit.

    xxoo
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wanda, I feel I should apologize now for my latest blog entry, especially the part about gravy running down your chin.

    lalalalalaaaaa

    Forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  12. heh..i just ate spinach for lunch. lol with onions, tomatoes from greg's garden (YUM!!!) and soy cheese. oooh, soooo good. :D

    i'll keep working on your painting, you beach babe, you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah, greg's alright. i may keep him around for a while. heehee

    it's funny cuz he seems to excel at things i find really difficult, and vice versa. so, we are a perfect team.

    i took the ban off the kitchen (joking..there wasn't *really* a ban. i just like exaggerating/joking when it comes to greg), so he has been making me marinaded baked tofu lately. and it has been reallllly good. and he makes the BEST lemonade, fresh squeezed. i don't even like lemonade, but i drink gallons when he makes it. i try to make it, and YUCK!! i think i'm more afraid of the sugar bowl then he is. heh

    i'm working on your painting today. it's looking better..i've got the shadows toned down now. no more gravy on your chin!! :D more pictures coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. okay, baby..i think it's done. you're plastered all over my blog AGAIN. heh heh LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pics Wanda, I was hysterical laughing just imagining what and why you were cracking up so at.
    Looks like you had a great time!!!! You go girl! xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

commen