Thursday, August 18, 2011

NATURE, NANA, MAMA and GOOD FRIENDS!

...and...finally...i painted yesterday. i painted and painted and painted my way into positivity! "tears will continue to bubble up and catch me off guard", my friend janet reminds me...that's okay, it's healing we know! katie, you know your mom's presence has been on my mind lately, so strong the sense, the UNsense. there is love, there is healing. jane, same thing, i think mom will meet your two moms and NANA, seeing the thread that sews us together...the importance of it, the Beauty of it! XO



i've been knitting and crocheting, it's been theraputic of late. i finished two throws and one pillow to match (sort of ish, you know me :)), "no matchy matchy"!





ahh...Nana! the time has flown in so many ways, yet stood still at times with no forward or back. and then the memory of my mama's mama...when i thought nana was leaving forever, i found out she'd be back to whisper in my ear and forever teaches me still...







our girl, showed up at the artwalk thursday nite. she stunned and surprised me, supporting me and holding me up that entire evening. it wasn't in me at the time to celebrate. God's gifts are bountiful!









"sundown" yesterday











the moon, in the distance, high up on a hill with a tree in front of it, such wonder, such beauty!i wish YOU ALL, a peaceful and wondrous weekend!



XOXO









6 comments:

  1. i'm in love
    with your
    pizza night
    art! LOVE!!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wanda - just thank you!
    For the words, for the love and for the moon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda, you've been on my mind so much. Thank you for the lovely post. I can picture your Mom and mine . . . having coffee and talking like old friends. sigh - And, your Pizza Night art is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your words are a treasure. Art certainly is healing isn't it? Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought of you everyday, was starting to worry, and I somehow missed your post yesterday.

    I know about the feelings, I experienced such an unsettled feeling, also sort of a permanent lump in my throat that did leave.
    I would go someplace and then want to be home, be home a while and then feel the urge to go again. That didn't last so long but a while.

    Talk about how funny I can be, I didn't want people to ask ow I was doing, then felt bad if they didn't. Maybe that is a woman thing only. (You think)

    Yes id did feel good to paint again and look at your message and the brightness of it. Mixed emotions, sorting out feelings, funny how suddenly we understand a phrase that we have read in books for years.

    So good to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wanda,glad to see you painting again! I have been thinking about you! Your painting is precious,I think you had your mom on your mind when you were doing it!

    ReplyDelete

commen