Saturday, October 1, 2011

...so, we took a little trip down south from northern california.

i have seen so many different kinds of fruits and vegetables cruisin' down the freeway...but never carrots, there is a first time for everything!

this was the best shot i could get.

there is just something thrilling to me, ever since my childhood to see items from our good earth traveling far, to who knows where...!

...coming down from the tehachapai mountains, so barren, so beautiful!



i always love seeing these...












Tea bag girl :))..that's the background...



teabags that are painted, stamped and dyed...


very fun, and this is one i had buried, found and improved!


Have a MARVELOUS autumn weekend, FRIENDS one and all!


xoxo





















7 comments:

  1. Wanda, you have made my day with your lovely comment! It looks like you had a great adventure. I love the truckload of carrots, you know I love mountains and of course your tea-bag girl is amazing!! Thank you for your support and kind words, I did some more girls in Payne's gray-I'll post them soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well those carrots are beautiful, I grow them and a lot of vegetables, but.....I go to farmers markets just to look at more to see the beauty of bounty,
    the arrangement of color, the excitement of buyers and just stare in wonder of what we can grow the how good it all is. When the final word comes in the fall and I can't go get things for our dinner it feels like such a loss, a loss even if there are thing in the fridge and things at the store.

    Great ohotos, I have a new monitor and I am seeing much better color with it.

    Of course I love tea bag girl, she has personality and I see gratitude in her eyes. I don't know if your talking about that word, gratitude but, it feels like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crunch crunch crunch - happy carrot weekend Wanda - with a lot of love and tea! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I don't think I ever seen a truck load of carrots! Great pictures and I love your teabag girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, wonderful photos Wanda!!! (you always have the best :)
    Look at those carrots!! That's a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those mountains are glorious! What great scenery you have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yesterday I saw a huge lorry with cabbages - for some weird reason I'm always seeing lorries with cabbages! I love using teabags for art - I'm always drying out old tea bags. My kids get embarrassed when their friends ask what are all those old tea bags doing in your kitchen - don't you just love the texture of tea bags - oh the delights of old tea bags. I love how you have used them in this art work

    ReplyDelete

commen