Sunday, January 1, 2012

MUSIC

                                           ...i started out with an intuitive painting using some colors i am in love with together! for the first time in my life i actually wrote them down for reference. then painted with left over paints on some other papers (the norm for me) THE colors are: Golden; pyrrole red, naples yellow hue, green gold and then (sky blue claudine hellmuth)
                                                           ...then a couple of days later, i decided to paint a portrait with the same paints just to see what might come from it...well, i fell in love with the soft easy look, not sure if she is retreating or emerging...no matter...she's simply done and listening and melting into the soft music :))   annnd...i popped her into my etsy a few minutes ago :0

6 comments:

  1. It hits me right on when you mention the music, I always or frequentlyhear a song that Ihaven'tthought of in years, I had one..Rainey Day Woman, and then..Keeper of The Stars..those two I think of now. I use otohear Johnny Cash also when doing the first mouths.
    She is beautifu, I thought a large painting and then I see not so, such magic oolors and I know nothing of them except naples yellow which I have always loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Golden; pyrrole red, naples yellow hue, green gold and then (sky blue claudine hellmuth)"

    This is amazing - those color names are already music! They even sound erotic! You have the names AND the colors...
    YOU are lucky! hihi.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colors,love how you incorporated them into her as well. Beautiful again Wanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is soft, and restful even though the colours are vibrant and powerful. You have managed to create wonderful balance and I love how you have effortlessly played with your palette. Oh and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanda, this is so pretty! I love the style of this. Great depth. It's a collage-y painting, and I love how organic it looks.

    ReplyDelete

commen