Friday, February 7, 2014

LANTERN LESSONS...

 i've been a busy bee, taking two classes. they are both up for a year, whew.
This finished lesson is from Misty Mawn's FULL CIRCLE CLASS.
 
 
 
 all of the photos are one panel of a 3-sided lantern...
this shows her lit up!
 
 
 
 and this: my words for her...the rest are "for You",
not showing in this particular photo.
 
 
 
 Misty showed us how she made hers to give us an idea on how to proceed...
 
 
 
 
 making all of our own choices for our personal lanterns...
 
 
 
 
 i was able to finally light them up last night!
 
 
 
 
 this is a close-up showing this angels dress...
it is some of my own personal, much loved,
hand-made FABRIC PAPER (a process that takes days, a labor of love)
 
 
 
 
 a 3rd panel shown in the daylight...
 
 
 
 
 and lit in the evening...
 
 
 
 
 and lit some more with a clearer photo ;)
 
 
 
 
i am going to do this project with my afterschool children,
so i decided to choose wire and beads to put it together,
(they will adore that part for sure)
 
 
 
i LEARN so much from taking Misty's classes,
they are incredible!
i started painting from my heart when first meeting her on line.
she has sent such personal, and beautiful notes, encouraging and lighting fires in my heart.
she is the very one that suggested i start a blog to see what an enrichment it could bring...
and VOILA, yes enrichment, with wonderful on line comrades that i deeply care about and that have supported me for years now...and visa versa...
i would never believe that this all could have ever happened the way it has...
but it's been a difficult yet MAGICAL JOURNEY to revel in
and a passion to carry forever!
THANK YOU miss FINE HUMAN BEING (i say out loud, teary eyed to the world)
MISTY MAWN for sharing your gifts and giving us YOUR ALL!
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Good morning Wanda!

    I am finally here, after a long week (I got spoiled in January with five days off from bad weather!) and I am enjoying my morning with tea in hand. Your art is what I want to produce one day with my poetry, but I really need to learn from someone, because what I enjoy in particular about your art, is this free-flowing dance on the canvas. My art is fine, but too rigid, and that communicates to me a novice-like attempt, and not ready for poetry. But I guess with anything else, it takes instruction and lots of practice.

    I really loved your comment on my post. You see, I guess I would have started long ago to improve my illustrating and painting if that was what I wanted to focus on, but I DO ENJOY blending multiple ways of expression, music being one of the strongest. I was a dancer and did some theatre work as well, so when I think of an idea, I don't see it only on a page or through paint, but in words and rhythm....see what I mean?

    Again, thank you for your kind words that only confirm to me that I'm CRAZY, but in a GOOD WAY, the way I WANT TO convey my art. PEACE and love to you, Wanda! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww. Thank you Wanda. One open heart to another... <3 ;)
    I love your lantern, it' a beautiful light, just like you are!!!

    I hope you share the project your after school children create.
    sending you much love and gratitude. xoxoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE your lantern!! Your faces keep getting more and more realistic..I'm not sure if that's the direction you're heading in, knowingly, but every one looks so real to me.

    Isn't this class the best one ever?? I swear everything Misty posts resonates with me, and I'm really enjoying doing the exercises. I made a HUGE folk art cat to hang on my office door the other day. OMG..I LOVE it soooooo. lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Wanda! How lovely to see you again this morning on my post, and MOST encouraging! There is simply not enough time in this wonderful life, to spend on all the countless things that you can learn about art...thank you so much for your message because it has reminded me about how important it is to take classes. I am a teacher, and I spent a total of 17 years in all my education programs, and after my studies were over, I started to teach. Since then, with the exception of a FABULOUS poetry writing class I took last summer, I have not taken any other classes. I love to learn, and I want so badly to learn to do so many things. Sometimes our talents are scattered and isolated, and I would love to learn to do so many things because I want to make a short film...OH the possibilities!

    Anyhoooo.....off to work I must go today, so I just wanted to stop by before I got ready. Have a SUPER DAY! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Wanda dear!

    You don't know how wonderful you made me feel, coming back to leave another kind word. In these days of rushed living and stressed out people on the job, receiving a kind word throughout the day really makes one feel human again. THANK YOU, and what would we do without this art of ours, that smolders within us?

    HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!

    ReplyDelete

commen