Monday, May 16, 2011

PLASTER STUDIO...

WHOO HOO!!!

i received my new book in the mail...and am taking their class in june...but couldn't wait another second to give something a try.



the book is so well done, clear, concise and of course...artisically gorgeous... "judy and stephanie" STYLE!



i went for the the caulking excercise judy wrote up...



i used an old book cover, spread on the caulk, inscripted my outlines for a face and some textures, having no idea how this would turn out. let it dry and went for my paints...



it was such a surprise all around...the caulking took the painting so BEAUTIFULLY, that i wanted to paint on it forever, it was marvelous! i actually liked my surprise 'TURN OUT', it was almost like painting backwards or with your eyes shut tight...extremely freeing and fun!



i shall attempt more with time :))!



right next door in one of the photos you can catch a glimpse of a little painted plaster gauze...it ain't over yet for experimentation!!!






these are both the same painting...lighting a little different...maybe so you can see the textures and inscriptions...



GO PAINTING!!! XOXO





11 comments:

  1. Look at you! You're a rebel, working on her techniques before the class starts!! And this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Wanda!! She is beautiful! I loved your comment today too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you plaster my heart
    with joy.
    GO WANDA!!!
    (& yes! link to my arm
    & let's go skipping
    & singing)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this picture! Oh, I wish I could draw and paint like you! WOW! I always was yearning for that - but there is no talent in me - nothing at all! Oh well... I enjoy yours! :-) And I am glad you share - thank you - here get a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was wondering if i should order this book - think i have to now - your girl has a dreamy look on her face - she looks as if she has a question she wants to ask

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that??? The texture is FABU!!! So fun sharing your excitement Wanda and looking forward to more:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture in this and she's beautiful,I was thinking about getting that book,it looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay Wanda, I was wondering about this book--not sure if it was for me or not--but you answered my question--THANK YOU!!!!!!
    She's lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and one more...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm so glad to have been a help in deciding ladies...i don't think you'd be one bit disappointed if you like to do any of the plaster, caulking or wax excercises! they are so clear in directions (something i don't do well with, ordinarily)! and nothing is over the top expensive! not to mention how special these women are! xoxo THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ms Wanda, your book cover turned out wonderful! I might have to splurge on this book too. Thanks for sharing with us!:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful technique! I too want to try some of that!! Your first one turned out geat!!

    ReplyDelete

commen