Tuesday, April 1, 2014

COURAGE and PERSERVERENCE...prevailed!!!

 Three years...off and on...
 
 
 
 staring at them...not liking them...
 
 
 
 attempting not to ruin them in their entirety...
 
 
 
 getting there...
 
 
 
 lots of things wrong...but where, how...?
 
 
 
 questioning, noodling, making more hair, painting out less hair,
putting in NO HAIR (only flowers),
lessons lessons everywhere, all along...
not sure what in the world to take in, LEAVE ALONE,
paint OUT...
 
 
 
FINALLY...they began to sing...
 
YES!!!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this one. Their faces are so pretty. And it is cool to see the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THIS, is art. The taking out, the putting in, the standing back. I think I was incorrectly informed way back as a kid, that art was about THE END RESULT. No one ever talked joyfully about the process. But I've learned. And now for me, the joy is in reading my chicken scratch notes as I make drafts of poetry, then joyfully rearranging, and doing much of what you do here.....and the joy is complete when you do stand back and know in your own heart that it is what you want.

    I really love to see your process, Wanda and to see how you got to such a gorgeous end result. HIP HIP, HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing LOL..it's a matter of just "knowing" when the piece is really finished and giving that Montessori sigh of relief. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how wonderful that you were brave to cover them over and make them sing for you! they are a joy to see.

    ReplyDelete

commen