Wednesday, July 2, 2014

"Message in a Bottle"...

 i started with spray paint for the bottom layer,
my favorite way to start.
there is probably one teensy portion of that left peeking through
 
 
 
 
 up close...butterfly wing
 
 
 
 
 sideways shot up close
 
 
 
 
 more up close...
this quote applies to so many of we women!
 
 
 
 
 dragonfly wings with script
 
 
 
 
 the colors above this photo are the very truest..
materials: fabric, tissue paper, finger painting,
palette knife painting, sponge brushes and regular ones ;)
computer generated script
24" X 36" X 1 1/2" Deep
 
 
 
 
 for a solid year, i had been working on my nephew's guitar...
 
 
 
 
 this was a daunting task for me, honestly...
it took such great patience drying and painting all sides...
 
 
 
 
 
 i will never attempt this again...
 
 
 
 
 there are little squares like this all over the front
(this is very up close)
 
 
 
 
 close up of the little skunk...
 
 
 
 
the back is by far my favorite, and joey's too...
and he said he loves it, i have to believe him...
this just about sent me over the edge at times.
 
Man, it is summer time...I've barely been here obviously and it will probably be another while till i return!
i hope you of you, my dear friends are enjoying your times together, when life seems so much freer and sunny smiles
(except for the friends in other parts of the country where it is not summer)
i wish you sunny smiles and time with friends and family as well!
 
CHEERS MY BUDDIES! 


13 comments:

  1. Wow!! These new pieces are amazing, Wanda!!! I wish I could see them in person because I'm sure the layers and texture are incredible. I'm sure your nephew will cherish his guitar forever. What a great honor to be asked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my bestie...i wish you could too and to paint together one day or MORE what be IT for a lifetime, in my book and thank you! that guitar was the bane of my existence, but just like Anita said...those happenings are good for us! but once again, i say, i won't do commissions, and (this wasn't even for money) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Dearest Wanda! WOW! This is another one of your sensational creations that I just love. The combination of layers and poetry, this is what I hope to do at least once. I love what you did to your nephew's guitar! And I'm quickly learning that anything that sends us "over the edge" is actually good. Whether it's painting, poetry or a new job, we were meant to WORK THROUGH IT ALL and figure out the plan, the solutions, and rejoice once again in sharing our victories. BRAVA my dear friend, and thank you for coming to visit! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so RIGHT ON Anita, those challenges are some of the best for us. but oooh...i dislike commissions too, 2, teu, much, i shall not willingly take any more on ;)i get so nervous and upset...i much prefer painting out of me and then the person on the other end can take it or leave it or simply appreciate it. i am going to leave you another messg. on your blog! xo

      Delete
  3. It all looks so great your way Wanda, enjoy and let go, you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda my friend! I loved your comment on my post and now I see this one here! YES, I too do not like taking commissions. I admire the artists who can, but that is a different mindset, I believe! I agree with YOU here! And thank you so much for your comment because I too believe that as we stay faithful to the task (artists to the canvas, writers to the computer) and even if we do not know what we are going to do, it eventually comes. Then, ideas furn into drafts, drafts turn into revisions, and eventually, a finished piece. When we both think about all the process since we started - doesn't it amaze you how much you've already done? I am amazed about all that I've done as far as my language goals.

    Well my friend, your comment was a highlight. We had a stunning day out in the garden and now it's time for some tea. Our weather is cooler than normal, so a cozy tea time and looking out at our garden is in order.

    Have a fantastic weekend! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great big painting Wanda, so very rich in everything, mostly in you!
    Love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I forgot the guitar - MARVELOUS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so wonderfully creative Wanda! The guitar rocks! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work Wanda, your composition is beautiful, the colours textures and balance, I love how your work feels as well as looks xx. You are most generous in your comment and I appreciate what you have said, it made me feel really nice inside, a glow, thank you for this kindness. Thank you so much xxx
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well by gosh, I tried to approve your comment on my blog with my cell phone and accidentally deleted. ugh! But I so appreciate that you took the time to stop by and leave your comment.
    And the bonus is I got to stop by your blog today and see this amazing artwork. I can only imagine your nephew has to love that guitar. I know I do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sure have a lot of exciting things going on artwise Wanda. I love the many layers you always use in your work. It's like delving deeper and deeper to find the hidden mystery. I have creations I've been working on in my studio that have sat for over a year too like your nephew's guitar. What a relief when they are finally finished. I like that you keep challenging yourself. Carry on-great stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete

commen